Saturday 17 November 2007

How I stopped worrying about mechanical problems and fell in love with Audi again :)

I had to make a garage visit earlier than expected, the A3 was booked on Monday for the seasonal tire swap and a quick brake inspection but it became really scary on Friday afternoon. The brake pads on the right side are to be replaced and they are trying to find out what was making the moving part sound in the rear wheel.

So we took a replacement car for the weekend. We started with a 2007 Audi A3 2.0 with manual gearbox, but after a year of automatic transmission it felt wrong. Don't get me wrong, that car was fantastic... smooth handling, very good performance, stunning braking... but it felt like going back a century or two. Unfortunately, the only automatic transmission would only be available from this morning. So we swapped today... for a 2007 A6 Avant V6 3.0 Quattro Tiptronic.

That car is amazing, almost beyond words... it handles like a car half its size, you simply cannot hear its engine (I've yet to push it above 130 Km/h) and the equipment is quite complete and intuitive. If I had 50K to spend on monday, I'd order that exact model.

No comments: